Learning Target: I can present with my team our Rube Goldberg Machine!
Rube Goldberg-1mpv724 – Handouts
Learning Target: I can work as a team member to design a plan for constructing a Rube Goldberg Machine.
Day 2 of planning! Make you Plan complete by end of class so you can come ready to build on Friday. Make sure you take home your materials lists so you remember what to bring tomorrow.
Watch these videos for inspiration
Learning Target: I can build a model of a system.
Why might you need a good secure knot?
- A mobile fell off the ceiling and hit you on your head. You would like the students to know how to tie a good knot so the same does not happen to them.
- Securing a pair of scissors so they do not disappear (like bank pens)
- “The last time you went camping, your canoe floated away because it was tied improperly, and you had to hike miles back to the campsite. You want all your student to know how to tie a good knot so they never suffer the same fate”
Learning Target: I can design a children’s book that explains the difference between a chemical change and a physical change.
Task: Use your knowledge about change to create a short children’s book.
• Cover page with title and author
• Demonstrate 2 physical changes
• Show evidence of why the changes are physical changes
• Demonstrate 2 chemical changes
• Show evidence of why the changes are chemical
• Have at least 4 illustrations with color
• Be neat and legible
• At least 5 pages long (using half sheets of paper)
Due Friday Jan 26 at end of class.
Learning Target: I can distinguish the difference between chemical and physical change.
Learning target: I can explain the basics of bonding.
I can create a study guide for the quiz Thursday Jan 18, 2018.
Bonding Basics-2e9cflu – Handout